Saturday, September 10, 2011

Here we go...

Ok, so here we go...

This is my first post of my brand new blog. I really have no idea what I am doing and don't really have time to make it pretty at this point. Maybe while I'm in Cambodia or get back from Cambodia, or maybe it will look like this for the rest of my life...

Anyway, I thought for my first post I would share with you how this blog came to be. (sounds like interesting reading, huh?) Once I knew that I was definitely going to Cambodia, I thought, "Maybe I should start a blog for while I am there." Ok, so, I felt like I needed a theme for my blog, but I was only going to be in Cambodia for 4 weeks. Was the trip the theme for my blog, or should it be broader? Definitely needed to be broader than just a 4 week trip. So would my theme be travel? I love to travel, but my trip is definitely a lot more than just traveling.

After going around in these circles for a while, I decided I didn't necessarily need one theme for my blog and it would probably just end up being whatever my life ended up being, so now for a title. I wanted a title that could encompass whatever God has in store for me for as long as I maintain this blog. I went to my favorite passage from scripture regarding God's sovereign plan for our lives: Psalm 139 From verse 16, I gleaned the title for my blog.

So, what to expect when you read this blog? My experiences and insights from living out "the days were formed for me" by my sovereign God, through the grace of his son, Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Christina,

    Thank you for sharing this and how you felt with us. I believe that you will have a lot more to share regarding your trip to and service in Cambodia as you spend a little more time here.

    We are excited to have you come back and serve with the gifts that God gave you. We look forward to catching up with you.

    Blessings to you....! See you in one week...!

    Mades and family

    ReplyDelete