Thursday, April 26, 2012

All Clear!/Back to Reality

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Yesterday, I was given the all clear from my neurosurgeon!! He said that my MRI looked great and that I could start lifting more than 10 lbs. He wants me to stay on a full aspirin daily, and I will get another MRI in six months. I am so thankful that the vertebral artery dissection has healed well and that these months of rest have payed off. Thanks to all of you for your amazing prayer support and encouragement!!

Also yesterday, I was able to talk to my supervisor at work and get the details worked out to return to work. I start back this coming Monday!! Another huge praise!! I am very thankful that everything is working out quickly, since my short-term disability also runs out this week. I am definitely happy to get back to life as normal, but considering all the opportunities that I have had over these past six months, it is bittersweet to say good-bye to this season of life.

Please still be in prayer for my transition back to work. I am encouraged about my energy level after having helped take care of twins that only sleep for 2-3 hours at a time and touring Amsterdam on jet-lag. Through both of these things, I feel that my energy level is getting better and better. Because of this and the fact that going back to work part-time would be complicated, I have decided to return to work full-time. At first, I will be working mostly 8-hour shifts, which will mean that I'm at work 4-5 days a week. Those that know me well, know that I love my three 12 hour shifts a week, so being at work 4-5 days a week will be an adjustment in and of itself. Pray that I can transition back to 12 hour shifts quickly!! Also, be praying for the work itself, that I will quickly feel as if I had never been out for six months.

I cannot begin to explain how encouraging it has been knowing that friends and family from all over the world have been praying for me, sending their thoughts, and continually keeping up with how I have been doing. I am so, so thankful for the blessing that each of you are to me!! Enjoy a few pictures from my trip to Amsterdam...




Canals of Amsterdam

Anne Frank's house

Corrie ten Boom's Hiding Place

Tulip Fields

Keukenhof Gardens

More beautiful tulips

Canal Cruise!

1 comment:

  1. You're so beautiful! Glad to hear everything is coming together. Amsterdam looks like it was awesome. Hope your fist days back go well for you :)

    ReplyDelete